omg i can’t do any missions with aela we always die.
NOTE: If you follow me and need something tagged, just let me know. I'll be happy to do it.
Just as the title suggests, even though it’s only July, it’s going to be fall before you know it, and everyone needs cute knitted accessories during the autumn months! So it’s time for another Tumblr knit swap!
Because it IS still summer, it’s not very fun to knit large items such as scarves or sweaters, so this swap will be based on accessories - mainly, hats and socks.
To sign up: Click here and fill out the survey. The swap is limited to the first 30 people who sign up (sorry guys, the last swap had nearly 70 participants and it was really hard to communicate and keep updated with everyone). If you click the survey and it’s closed, that means that there are already 30 people signed up.
- The main items in this swap are socks and hats, so when you fill out your survey, make sure to choose which one you’d rather make, and which you’d rather receive (or choose either, if it doesn’t matter to you). However, once you get your partner, you can decide together if there are other accessories you’d like to make/receive (gauntlets, coffee mug warmers, etc).
- This will NOT be a round-robin swap, so whoever you get paired with, you will make something for that person and they will make something for you (so feel free to email/message each other about colors, sizes, etc).
- This swap is open to people from any country, but if you’re located outside of the US you may have to be willing to ship overseas (since in the last swap the majority of people who participated were from the US)
- This swap is open to knitters of all levels, whether you’re a beginner or an expert (but more about that later)!
- While I realize that some might not have a ton of money to spare for this swap, please use the nicest yarn that you can afford. Use yarn that you would use when making something for yourself.
- The budget for each swap package is roughly $30, meaning the yarn you buy + any other goodies you choose to put in your package should not be over $30 + shipping (feel free to spend less than that though…this is a good opportunity to use up some of your yarn stash!)
- I did say this was going to be a swap AND a challenge! So here’s the challenge part: for the item(s) you make your partner, try and learn some new knitting technique, whether it’s a new cast-on or toe-up socks or lace knitting! Choose a pattern that is slightly more difficult than you’re used to, and learn something new! Whether you’re a beginner or an expert, there’s always something you can learn!
- The challenge is completely optional, but come on, it’s fun to learn something new!
I’ll give everyone a week to sign-up (July 31st, or until there are 30 participants, whichever happens first). Send-outs will be on September 1st, which gives you the whole month of August for knitting!
I think that’s all the info for now! If you have any questions, feel free to send me a message. If you choose to sign-up, there’ll be more info once you get your partners.
P.S. Use the tag ‘knitswap’ to talk to other participants, post updates, talk about your knitting, post pictures, etc!
P.P.S. Please reblog!
We need a few more people who are willing to make socks (or they don’t mind what they make)!